The school nutrition program helps students in participating schools get a daily nutritious meal that follows the Alberta Nutrition Guidelines for Children and Youth.
Participating schools design a program that consists of one nutritious meal per school day.
This program also aims to help people learn more about:
- the importance of reading food labels
- choice and preparation of healthy foods
- accessing Alberta's food resources
- Exposing students to new and varied foods
- Providing 1 nutritious meal every day following ANCY
- Building partnerships
- Families and school communities
- Local Non- profits and organizations
- Local businesses